Melissa Punim is an Associate in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Ms. Punim specializes in estate planning and estate administration.
In Ms. Punim’s own words, she shares that “people often think that estate planning is depressing, because it makes you think about what will happen when you die. But, in my experience, the estate planning process forces clients to really think about their values and what is important to them. Having those conversations and then translating those values into concrete legal documents actually gives clients a lot of peace of mind, and I love that I can help provide that.”
Ms. Punim enjoys spending time with her family, especially while traveling to new destinations. She recalls one of her most memorable travel experiences while vacationing in Botswana. She was sitting in an open-air room of a cabin, reading a book, when suddenly a whole herd of elephants stopped near the patio for a snack, providing an up close and personal encounter unlike any other.
- Effectuated and maintained family planning structure involving multiple parcels of real property and securities utilizing a limited partnership and multi-generational trusts
- Proposed and executed tax-efficient consolidation and transfer plan for client’s active businesses
- Prepared a review of current assets and all estate planning vehicles for a large multi-generational family, complete with recommendations tailored to each family member’s individualized needs
- Assisted clients in fulfilling their numerous estate planning wishes, including trusts for education and down payment expenses for their extended family
- Aided surviving spouse in the administration of her husband’s estate at death